Most Memorable Moments of 2016

wcw-branding-template-1

Hey girl, hey! I don’t know about you, but my 2016 was BURSTING with opportunities. From being featured in a national footwear campaign to winning a Black We Blog Award to transforming into an actual mermaid (watch that adventure in the video below). I’ve been working my tail off and because of that, I have so much to be grateful for. Just in case you missed anything over the past year, here are the most memorable moments of 2016.

I met Ty Alexander the full-time beauty blogging guru behind Gorgeous In Grey at the Blogging While Brown conference in D. C. She signed my book, gave me blogging tips and next thing I know this person I’ve been looking up to for years is taking silly selfies with me. (insert heart sparkles here)

20160716_154054

There were TONS of brand collaborations this year but working with Suzy Shier, Jambu, ThredUP, and Vintage Meet Modern were the most fun!

plus size holiday dress

This was my first experience working on a shoe campaign so learning new photo shoot techniques for Jambu and finding ways to make athleisure look not so leisurely were a welcome challenge.

jambu

I never would’ve gotten around to thrifting if it weren’t for this lovely service provided by ThredUP.

img_20160916_114529

Working with Vintage Meet Modern to showcase ways vintage pieces can compliment modern clothes awakened a love for vintage jewelry I didn’t even know I had.

1950s-vintage-accessories

I literally leaped for joy when Odyssey Cruises Chicago offered to throw a complimentary holiday party in honor of Windy City Wardrobe.

odyssey cruises chicago

I spent several years dreaming of waking up on my 30th birthday in another country, however until recently I didn’t even have a passport. But you know what they say, she believed she could so she did. This year I woke up in Canada on my birthday!

Dasha-Guyton-Plus-Size-Chicago-Blogger

Not only did I find the courage to do a photo shoot in my swimsuit but I also shared a free swimsuit guide for readers that is typically for styling client use only because I love you guys and I want you to feel beautiful because you are beautiful.

IMG_20160530_080439

I expanded my blog tribe, and we make time to connect over brunch because behind every strong woman is a group of strong women.

20160409_141217-1

image-3-1

Danielle Pinnock, the Playwright found me on Twitter and sent and invitation and press release for her one-woman show, Body Courage. This show left me feeling empowered to work harder on self-acceptance.

Chicago Entertainment

My wife and I took a road trip to D.C. to give acceptance speeches for the blogging awards we both received.

20160716_175643

I was interviewed and featured on one of the most popular plus-size fashion blogs, The Curvy Fashionista.

20161029_130939

I was featured in a roundup on Teen Vogue.teen vogue best instagram accounts

I partnered with The Daisie Foundation and A Better Day With Julie to raise money for the random acts of kindness challenge. We were able to surprise 300 children in the Englewood neighborhood with Christmas gifts. We also spent a weekend randomly giving out gift cards, paying for drive-thru meals, and groceries.

bou7ombhssj

20161210_130546

20161210_120112

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for supporting me and the brands that make this blog possible!

Chicago-Bloggers

P.S. Are you getting my monthly love letters? My love letters are filled with motivation to get you through this rat race we call life, plus you’ll be first to know about upcoming giveaways and events. Click subscribe to let me know where I can send yours.

pink-email-icon

button

1. Lacey says:

You had an amazing year in 2016! I’m sure 2017 will be even better Congrats!

xx,

Lacey

2. Tami @ ThisMomsDelight says:

I’ve enjoyed walking through your memorable moments. I, too, have had a memorable year.

3. dannie54 says:

My dear, you are a truly wonderful woman and one of my dearest frineds. I’m so glad we got to really bond this year and I can’t wait to see what 2017 brings for us! Cheers to an amazing year. And brunch!

Aww🤗 The feeling is mutual my dear and I’ll drink to that. Cheers!🍷

4. Wow!! 2016 was an amazing year for you filled with so many fabulous opportunities!! I’m sure 2017 will be just as awesome!
    Charlene The Frugal Fashionista

5. You seem to have had an awesome 2016!!! Cheers to 2017!

6. Anna Baun says:

What a great 2016!! I cannot wait to see all that is in store for you in 2017! Love following along on your fabulous adventures! XO

Anna || alilyloveaffair.com

7. Courtney says:

So many amazing memories!! Here’s to 2017 being even that much more awesome!

Xo,
    Courtney http://www.whatcourtwore.com

8. Jessica says:

2106 was so good to you 🙂 Cheers to 2017 being the best ever for you girl!!
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

Thanks Jess😙 Some of this wouldn’t have been possible if you hadn’t introduced me to Julie!

9. Michelle says:

I hope your 2017 journey gives you more joy than the previous one. Much love on your endeavors!

Awe🤗 Thanks Michelle!

10. elle spann says:

congrats on a great year!! i still love that birthday taco picture 🙂
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

11. M.G. Guyton says:

Wowwwww! What an amazing ride it’s been this past year. I’m ever in awe of you and your drive, my love, and I’m so proud of how you shine your light and also use it to boost others💖💋.

I couldn’t do any of it without you my love. Thanks for all your love, support and photography skills. You are the bomb dot com😙