Art Institute of Chicago Museum Hack

museum hack

In Chicago, hidden history is all around. You’ve got a secret symbol embedded into signs throughout the city, a visible shipwreck on Hyde Park’s 49th Street Beach, an international airport named after a person with close ties to Al Capone, the site of The Worlds Fair, and the list goes on.Art Institute of Chicago

There’s even hidden history in museums, where so much of our past is already on display. But there’s so much more to the artists than just the pieces they painted or the reputation they left behind—there’s a backstory, a complete life behind the untouchable artifacts hanging on the walls. Enter Museum Hack: They pick up where Historians left off by offering fast-paced tours (some of which require literal running) that scratch beneath the surface story presented in a handful of institutions across the country, one of them being the Art Institute of Chicago.

Museum Hack Review

When I got the invite last month I had no idea it would be so engaging and refreshing. Our tour guide, Mark took the his, out of history as he shined light on Queen Zenobia of the Palmyrene Empire. Then he let us in on all the scandalous details on the artists behind artworks both famous and overlooked. Throughout the tour, we played games, took polaroids, and wrapped up with a wacky contest. So grab the gang for an UNFORGETTABLE museum trip in NYC, DC, San Francisco or Chicago! Tickets are available here.

Museum Hack Art Institute of Chicago

20161117_19424620161117_193527

Museum Hack Chicago

Have you ever had this much fun at a museum?

Chicago-Bloggers

Tour courtesy of Museum Hack, but all opinions are my own.

1. I LOVE visiting my local Museum of Art and feel it feeds my soul. Looks like you guys had a blast. I think it’s great for people to refrain from feeling intimidated and have fun at the museum!

2. Michelle says:

I love going to museums, especially when I am visiting a new city. I’ll have to check this one out if I am ever in Chicago. Sounds like fun!

3. This sounds like so much fun!! 😊

Yes girl 🤗 It was so much fun, plus we got to meet some cool local girls!

1. Awe that is awesome! I will keep this in mind if I get a chance to visit Chicago. 😊

If you get a chance to come to Chicago I’d love to show you around and meet IRL😆

3. Sounds great to me! 😊

4. I really enjoy going to visit the museum and this sounds like so much fun!!
    Charlene The Frugal Fashionista

5. Such a cool post! I love the pictures you guys took!

6. Amanda Kruse says:

When I was in Chicago in June, my friends and I were going to visit this museum, but we didn’t have time.

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

7. This looks like such fun! Been dying to visit Chicago!
    xx, Bri || http://www.Neutral2Neon.com

8. Courtney says:

I’ve visited Chicago once and would love to go back soon! Definitely will have to check out this museum! Thanks for the great info!

Xo,
    Court http://www.whatcourtwore.com

9. elle spann says:

so cool! my favorite museum memory is when I got to see the alexander mqueen exhibit at the met, soon after he passed.
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

Wow 😀 I’m sure that was a site for sore eyes!

10. mbzinteriors says:

I can see Y you wrote a post about this Dasha; terrific information. Thanks!

Hey MaryBeth 🤗 HAPPY FRIDAY! I’m glad you stopped by and if you go on a Museum Hack I want to hear all about it 😉