If throwing a party feels hopelessly complicated and stressful, I’ve got news for you: It’s not. You can plan a party with ease, especially if you start the planning well in advance and don’t sweat the small stuff. Here, we break down the top five ways to prep for a party without losing your cool; after all, the best host is one who actually enjoys their own party.
- Make a checklist. Write down everything from “check RSVPs” to “buy a new dress.” Not only does it feel really good to check off to-dos, but it’s the only way to know for sure what still needs to be done.
- Give yourself permission to outsource. I partnered with Odyssey Cruises Chicago because they provide premium bar service, live music, party favors, a three-course meal, table-side service and a front row seat to the fireworks show. There’s no better way to ensure you and your guests have fun than partnering with professionals.
- Pick a good group. Choose friends who get along well, have similar interests, and a couple of people you’ve been meaning to reconnect with. But keep in mind, the more people you invite, the more complicated your party gets and the less opportunity you’ll have to engage each guest.
- Select an outfit. Don’t leave this until last minute. Your friends and family will share it all over social media so dress your best. Learn all about flattering your figure here.
- Plan activities. It’s really important to have fun activities planned, so we chose to keep the Christmas theme going by playing a game of Dirty Santa. You can browse Pinterest party boards to find great ideas that fit your particular party.
And just like that, your party is planned! That wasn’t so hard, was it? 🙂
What I Wore: Asos Dress & Clutch | Charming Charlie Earrings | MAC Lipstick In The Color Sin
P.S. This post was sponsored by Odyssey Cruises, but all opinions are my own.