5 Tips For Stress Free Party Planning

odyssey-cruises-2

odyssey cruises chicago

odyssey chicago crystal night dinner cruise

new years cruise chicago

Odyssey Cruises Chicago Christmas

Chicago Christmas

chicago bloggers

odyssey cruises chicago

If throwing a party feels hopelessly complicated and stressful, I’ve got news for you: It’s not. You can plan a party with ease, especially if you start the planning well in advance and don’t sweat the small stuff. Here, we break down the top five ways to prep for a party without losing your cool; after all, the best host is one who actually enjoys their own party.

1. Make a checklist. Write down everything from “check RSVPs” to “buy a new dress.” Not only does it feel really good to check off to-dos, but it’s the only way to know for sure what still needs to be done.
  2. Give yourself permission to outsource. I partnered with Odyssey Cruises Chicago because they provide premium bar service, live music, party favors, a three-course meal, table-side service and a front row seat to the fireworks show. There’s no better way to ensure you and your guests have fun than partnering with professionals.
  3. Pick a good group. Choose friends who get along well, have similar interests, and a couple of people you’ve been meaning to reconnect with. But keep in mind, the more people you invite, the more complicated your party gets and the less opportunity you’ll have to engage each guest.
  4. Select an outfit. Don’t leave this until last minute. Your friends and family will share it all over social media so dress your best. Learn all about flattering your figure here.
  5. Plan activities. It’s really important to have fun activities planned, so we chose to keep the Christmas theme going by playing a game of Dirty Santa. You can browse Pinterest party boards to find great ideas that fit your particular party.

And just like that, your party is planned! That wasn’t so hard, was it? 🙂

plus-size-dress

What I Wore: Asos Dress & Clutch | Charming Charlie Earrings | MAC Lipstick In The Color Sin

fashion-jewelry

cwindy city signature

P.S. This post was sponsored by Odyssey Cruises, but all opinions are my own.

1. A cruise sounds like it would be the perfect setting for a party!!

Xo, Brianne

It DEFINITELY turned out to be a great party setting! Thanks for stopping by Brianne. 😊

2. Amanda Kruse says:

I love those earrings! I haven’t planned a party before, but a check list would be a must for me.

xx,
    Amanda || http://www.fortheloveofglitter.com

3. Cara says:

I loved this post, Dasha!! plus those earrings are SO fab! xo

GIRL! I searched high and low and FINALLY found these earrings. The rest of the outfit was a breeze. Thanks for stopping by. 😉

4. Checklists are always my go-to! So I especially love this post and you look like a total stunner in that dress! xo

IKR, where in the world would we be without our checklists? Thank you so much Kari; I’ve never felt prettier😆

5. Courtney says:

I couldn’t live without my checklists!! These such are great tips! I would love to take another cruise sometime soon, looks like you had a blast!

Xo,
    Courtney http://www.whatcourtwore.com

6. elle spann says:

i live by checklists. perfect recommendation! ps that dress looks AMAZING on you!
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

Thank you Elle! 😄 I felt AMAZING!

7. A checklist sounds like such a simple concept but so many people don’t utilize it! Great tips and happy 2017!

You’re so right! I think most of us associate checklists with work and household errands but they’re always beneficial. Pop! Fizz! Clink! HAPPY NEW YEAR🎈🎉

8. Making a checklist is key! I’m that crazy list lady 🙂
    xx, Bri || http://www.Neutral2Neon.com

9. I think these are great tips! I’m such a control freak and perfectionist that writing everything down will definitely work for me!

Hey Tiffany 🤗 Me too, it’s hard not to sweat every little detail but we’ve got to remember to have fun with it or what’s the point of a party😉