Fashion For Every Body

If we don’t see ourselves reflected in the media or on fashion runways, how can we feel like valid members of society? As entire groups of people go on without representation, it feels like a purposeful erasure of your identity. But what if all that was different? What if the runways featured women of all shapes, sizes, and colors? What might that look like; can you even imagine it?

Despite recent progress in the plus size fashion industry, there’s still much that has to improve. We ironically, receive catalogs and coupons featuring plus size models, but women above a size 14 still don’t have the luxury of walking into any store and walking out with something in their size. You have to shop online or find the dark designated corner of ill-fitting clothes which are subject to a fat tax, so you can pay twice as much as your straight size friends to dress half as cute.

So let’s keep marching, tweeting, sharing, designing, and blogging about it, until fashion for every body is easily accessible.

london fashion week
Image Credit: Simplybe USA

Do you feel under-represented in the fashion industry?

plus size bloggersplus size chicago bloggers

1. This is so true! Was just thinking about this…work still needs to be done!

Please spread the word by sharing this post on social media. The LOUDER📣 we are, the harder it is for retailers and designers to ignore us.

2. lookfabkim says:

You all are looking fabulous!

3. You all are gorgeous !

4. Definitely a market that needs to be tapped more. Whoever does will be $$$!

xo
    Brenda
    Barefoot in LA | Instagram | Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Pintrest

5. kalliamanika says:

I adore this so much!!!! You just gained a new follower. My niche is body image and since I’m a plus size girl I love #fashionforeverybody!!!!!
    Kallia https://free52174.wordpress.com

Hi Kallia! 🤗 I’m so glad you found me. I’m a plus size gal and a wardrobe stylist do body issues are a daily battle for me personally and professionally. You can read more about my body issues here https://windycitywardrobe.com/2015/03/28/beauty-doesnt-have-a-weight-limit/

1. kalliamanika says:

I sure will!!
        Kallia xx

6. Melody says:

We’ve come a long way with celebrating all body types. But still have so far to go, especially mainstream. Thank you for keeping the conversation active.

So true Melody,thank you for being a part of the conversation.

7. elle spann says:

so true!! thanks for the inspiration.
    elle
    Southern Elle Style

8. I absolutely love this message, and truly believe in the message. It’s so powerful when you have women from all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, etc coming together to say something like this. I really admire this! xx Adaleta Avdic

9. Amanda says:

Looking lovely! <3
    xoxo,
    Amanda | http://www.TheChambrayBunny.com

10. I love this! You all look incredible!
    xx, Bri || http://www.Neutral2Neon.com