Bloggers Who Brunch

A lot of us start blogging to share our views and connect with like-minded people around the globe, but somewhere along the way we can start to feel isolated if we don’t meet up in person. That’s why I decided to get a group of bloggers together. So what happens when bloggers go out for brunch? There’s a lots of laughter, support, and a TON of photos of course! Imagine no one rushing you as you tirelessly try for the perfect shot of your pretty plate, because in this social circle it’s not only accepted, but expected.

The Venue

Our first stop on the blogger brunch tour was The Allis inside Soho House. We couldn’t ask for better lighting because every cozy corner is a bloggers dream.  Plus this is one of the very few places that serve afternoon tea everyday. the-allisIMG_8477IMG_8470

The Food

The menu is limited and budget friendly with all of the choices under $15, but keep in mind this is only one dining option inside Soho House. I suggest arriving as early as possible because this popular spot uses fresh ingredients and they tend to sell out on weekends.PSX_20160412_094110IMG_8461image-3-1

The Bloggers

Meet the bloggers who brunch! From left to right in the photo below we have Jalpa of Samosa Pop, Michaela of The Deep End Review, Dannie of Stile.Foto.Cibo., Sabrina of Styles By Sab, Lindsey of Butter & Type and Dasha of Windy City Wardrobe.PSX_20160412_094442 20160409_134511-1

Takeaways

I quickly learned that we all blog for different reasons, about multiple topics, for varying audiences. But what we all have in common is we love what we do, and we couldn’t do it well without the support of family, friends, and each of you who take time out of the day to connect with us.  We stay up late on workdays and get up early on weekends to test recipes, and bare the brunt of bitter cold days as we pile our cars full of clothes to hop around town styling photo shoots. Some of our family members think our blogs are modeling portfolios, while others nod and grin as the idea of blogging is completely lost on them. There’s even mothers who shall remain nameless, that print out each blog post and bind them in a scrap book.  So even though each blog is different, there are more similarities than differences among the blogosphere.IMG_8478

As always thank you for reading, commenting, and liking!

With LOVE,

connect footer

1. Shana says:

What an awesome idea!! And I really love what you’ve done with the blog. Keep it up, beautiful! ❤

OMG Shana rebranding and designing by myself has been soooo much work! Thanks for letting me know it was worth it😉

2. hustlenglowjai says:

This idea is GREAT !! I need to get this started in Memphis. The food looks amazing by the way !

3. hustlenglowjai says:

4. Cassie Daves says:

This is such a great idea! Nothing like supporting each other and just building a community.

5. Lauren says:

Great post! Something I’m wanting to look into this spring/summer is finding bloggers in my area to get together with.

6. Erica Fuller says:

This is a wonderful idea. Something I hope to start hear in the state of Oregon. Love your style by the way girlfriend.

Awww😄 Thanks Erica,and good luck 👍

7. kelsie218 says:

How fun!! I just recently started meeting up with other bloggers too! It’s so much better to have a community of strong woman around you rather than doing it on your own. Plus, what a great venue to host it at, love the blue plates!!

-Kelsie

8. You know what Dasha, nothing, I am gong to ask around and see if there are any bloggers in my area willing to meet up.

9. I really enjoyed reading this post, it sounds looks like you guys had a great time, I would love to do something like this in my area, maybe I will put something together one of these days.

You should! What’s stopping you?

10. 3makesafamily says:

This is a fabulous idea! I wish I could do this with some ladies in my area! Thanks for sharing.

11. Michelle says:

So fun!!! I’d love to join in next time if you have room for one more! And I NEED to check this place out!!! Looks beautiful!!!

12. LOVE! I also love the soho house. It is such a unique venue, and as a photographer, the light is of course amazing! Can’t wait to see more from you!

13. So fun! It’s so important to meet people in person, and it’s awesome when you can feel that support!

So true! Feeling the support in person has a huge impact.

14. So much fun!! I absolutely loved reading this post! I really need to try Soho House! Your pics are perfection =)

Xox Dana Ivy // http://www.iadorewhatilove.com

Thanks Dana! That means a lot to me; photography was my first creative passion. This post is a combination of all of us taking pictures. Happy brunching😉

15. Sincerely, Jennie says:

This looks so fun! I have yet to try The Allis.

16. stylesbysab says:

Love this post so much! So glad we got to meet, and I can’t wait till our next collab! ❤

No, thank you for reaching out on Instagram 😉 I wouldn’t have come up with this idea without you! Til next time my friend.

17. Olga says:

Omg I loose that place so much! I do agree that there is not a huge variety though. I wish they had a bigger menu

I know what you mean but sometimes bigger isn’t better. Thanks for stopping by!

18. Awesome Post! How can I be apart of the Bloggers who Brunch club?

Thanks girl, overjoyed by the positive feedback! There are two options in Chicagoland. You can forge your on blogger brunch club like we did or become a member of the Windy City Blogger Collective and join the brunches, and holiday dinners hosted by the founders. They actually have one this Saturday. I’m a bit of an overachiever these days so I do both 😉

19. MsrandomQueen says:

I loved this post! 😍 great job

So happy to hear that 😄 Stay tuned for more posts like this and consider starting a group in your area. I’d love to see more bloggers getting together!

1. MsrandomQueen says:

I agree!

2. MsrandomQueen says:

Do you have any suggestions or tips on how I could go about looking for bloggers in my area? I wouldn’t know the first place to start.

Try meetup groups or do a Google search on blogger networks, and collectives in your city or the closest major city to you. If there’s no such luck look for a blogger conference or connect with bloggers on social media. I’ve met some of my best local blogging buddies on instagram! Good luck 👍

4. MsrandomQueen says:

Perfect! Thank you ❤

20. dannie54 says:

Aww I love this post so much. This was SUCH a great day and I’m so glad we’re going to keep doing it, even if we’re all so busy we can’t again until June. It’s so nice to commiserate with other bloggers. Definitely something we all need.

xoxo,
    Dannie

Thank you ma’am your post was a tough act to follow! I think the fact that we get together few and far between just makes us appreciate it more.

1. dannie54 says: