We recently discussed how to determine your body type and today we’re going to talk more in depth about the pear shape. Before we begin, you must confirm that you do indeed have a pear shaped body.
As a quick recap, you have a pear shaped body when:
- Your hips are wider than your shoulder
- Extra weight generally accumulates on your thighs and butt
- You have a defined waist
- Your legs tend to be shorter in comparison to the rest of your body
If you’re still unsure of your body shape, this post can help.
- Good fitting bra
- Shoulder Pads
- Layered Tops
- Breast pockets & big collars
- Necklaces & scarves
- Dark colored skirts and pants
- Medium to chunky heel shoes and high boots
- A-line dresses with detail on upper body
- Knee length coats with details on top and plain from the waist down
- Skinny jeans (can be worn with tunics or long a-line tops)
- Pencil or straight skirts
- Very short skirts
- Tops with narrow shoulder lines
- Tight Trousers
- Pleats and pants with a lot of detailing
- Light-colored pants
- Shoes and booties with ankle straps
- Kitten heels
Please bare in mind that these are merely guidelines. So you don’t have to follow the information here in the strictest sense, but we all have to start somewhere. Once you have a firm grasp of the guidelines, you can bend them in creative ways to look fierce and fabulous. The hourglass shape is up next, so stay tuned!
As always thank you for reading, commenting, and liking!
P.S. If you still have questions about flattering your figure, leave them below.