How To Flatter Your Apple Figure

Before we begin to talk about dressing for your body type, you must confirm that you do indeed have an apple shaped body. Here are some other characteristics of the apple-shaped body:

• A wide torso
  • Broad shoulders
  • An average to fuller bust
  • Thinner arms and legs
  • A flat bottom
  • Hips that are narrower than your bust
  • An undefined waist (You don’t have to have a very large belly to be apple shaped. It just means that’s where you carry your extra weight.)

If you’re still unsure of your body shape, this post can help.apple-body-shapeThe goal for the apple shape is to elongate the torso,  draw attention away from the waist, and place emphasis on bust and legs. Here are the do’s and dont’s:

Do wear:

• Puffy jackets
  • Visible front pockets & zippers
  • Tight t-shirts
  • Solid colors on top & bottom
  • Shapeless dresses
  • Thick belts

Please bare in mind that these are merely guidelines. So you don’t have to follow the information here in the strictest sense, but we all have to start somewhere. Once you have a firm grasp of the guidelines, you can bend them in creative ways and still look fierce. Stay tuned for style tips for the Pear Shape Body!

loveyourbodyAs always thank you for reading, commenting, and liking!

With LOVE,

Dāshaconnect footer

1. Jessica says:

What a great post lady!! Love love love 🙂
    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

2. Cara says:

Great post! sometimes it’s hard to figure out what looks flattering with our body types, since everyones is SO different. Something can look amazing on one person and not so amazing on another! ❤

3. This is an amazing post… Why? Because being fashionable doesn’t just mean great taste- but it’s also about knowing to dress YOUR body- & if you’re a stylist- knowing how to dress multiple figures as well! It’s like- sometimes I wish I could wear floor length maxi dresses- but I’ve owned the fact that they are just too long for me. So- I add my own touch by knotting them at the bottom! I love that you wrote about this! You’re beautiful! Xo

4. I definitely struggle because I have broad shoulders, large arms, but a small butt and legs! However, I learned that some styles just don’t work for me. Definitely agree with the high waist pants because they make it look like a have a little something something in the back! Love this post idea!

This post is a part of a series. I started by introducing all of the shapes and I’ll give suggestions for each body shape one post at a time. Just paying it forward. Everyone deserves to look their best even if they can’t afford my one on one style sessions.

5. Thanks for the helpful tips! There are definitely so many ways to style clothing to fit out different body types. I certainly have my little strategy for my body as well! Thanks for sharing!

It’s wonderful that you developed a system. Nothing sucks more than buying a bunch of cute clothes then returning them because none of them accetnuate abs de-emphasize the right places.

6. stylesbysab says:

Yaaaaaas! Love this post! Super helpful

So glad you found it helpful Sabrina! Stay tuned, more shapes and styles coming soon 😉

7. themovingbear says:

Are you also going to write a post about hourglass body shape? 🙂

Yes,of course! Stay tuned 😉 If you still have questions after the hour glass post let me know.