Raise your hand if you woke up to below freezing temperatures and reached for your most comfy, but not so cute clothes! Don’t be shy. It’s okay, my hand is raised too. This time of year even the best dressed tend to throw our fashion sense out the window. Let’s take a look at ways we can stay warm without sacrificing style.
- Colorful layers. When I say layers, it isn’t just about shirts. Think outside the box and try layering different dresses, necklaces, jackets, etc. You can even swap out your dark or muted colored lipstick for a brighter red and dust on some shimmering bronzer to give your skin a glow!
- Bold accessories. My weakness is definitely in the accessory department. Aside from hats and necklaces, I choose bold bags which can really go a long way in waking up the lifeless winter look.
- Chic Outerwear. Let’s be realistic; there are some days there no amount of motivation that can make us dress our best. On those days reach for your nicest coat, scarf, gloves, boots, and bag. And remember, shades aren’t just great for a sunny day, they also shield your eyes from the cold blustering wind in style.
- Longline Blazers and Vest. I think this trend is here to stay, and boy am I loving it! Longline pieces are my secret weapon. Take any solid or print and throw a longline over it, and voilà it looks like you bought something new.
- New Hair Cut. Chances are the holidays may have taken a toll on you and you’re in no shape to revamp your style. If that’s the case get a new hair cut. Some of us don’t have a great track record in choosing hair styles so take this quiz. It’ll help you pick the best cut for your face and hair type.
I try to practice what I preach. So, when I reached for a cozy sweater this morning I talked myself into dressing it up a bit using a mixture of option number 3 and 4. What do you think? I would love to hear from you! Have you ever been in a style rut? How did you get out of it? If you are in a style rut right now, what is your main issue? You can also, click here to see how I can help you privately.
When we don’t put in the effort, we know deep down that we don’t look our best and unfortunately, our faces show it. Ultimately, we will be less confident and less approachable. Hopefully, I have convinced those of you that are in a style rut to play around with clothes and discover more stylish winter wear. Looking good doesn’t have to be a chore; it can be a lot of fun. I’m sure that the time (and perhaps a bit of money) invested will make you feel happier, more vibrant and even help you enjoy life more!
Photography & Copy by: