IMAGE BY:SATURN TWINS
- How old were you when you took your first dance lesson? I was three years old when I took my first Ballet lesson at a park district.
- What do you do in your spare time? I play the Violin, just started playing the Viola and of course I dance. I love to dance!!
- What kind of dance do you enjoy most? My first love was Hip Hop, but my mother said that I was to young for it. So she placed me in Ballet. Today, I will miss a hip hop class for a Ballet class.
- Is there anything you dislike about dance? Sometimes I dislike the competitiveness between dancers.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a Ballerina in the American Ballet Theatre.
- Who makes your costumes? My costumes are bought, unless we are trying to save money then another ballet mom helps make overlays to go over a practice tutu.
- What dance company are you with? Currently, I am not in a company. I am in training. I was training at the Faubourg School of Ballet but I will start training at Chicago Ballet this fall; I received a scholarship.
- What’s your favorite subject in school? My favorite subject is Math.
- What cities have you traveled to for training and competitions? I have been accepted into training programs that are out of state but my mother stated I was too young to attend. I am looking to attend my first out of state summer intensive in 2016.
- Do you have private choreography lessons? If so, with who? Oh yes, Nina Wardina was my first private coach. Now, I work with Homer Hans Bryant, a former principal dancer with the renowned Dance Theatre of Harlem, Watmora Casey Artistic Director of Faubourg School of Ballet. Preston Miller from Alvin Ailey. Anna Spellman a former Ballerina of American Ballet Theater, and Tatyana Mazurformer dancer of Odessa Government Theatre of Opera and Ballet. Now you see why I had to look for scholarships and sponsorships, Ballet is expensive. My mom has sought out the best teachers and coaches, and love working with all of them.
- What are you working towards? My short term goals are to participate in a Nutcracker for the 2015 year and then attend ABT for the summer of 2016. I plan to compete in the 2017 Youth American Grand Prix, my goal is to make it to the Finals in New York. My long term goal is to become a dancer for the American Ballet Theater or the Royal Ballet.
Connect with Camille via Instagram @cjordan_ballet.
As always thank you for reading, commenting, and liking!