IMAGE BY:SATURN TWINS
Happy Friday friends! We can thank Instagram for introducing us to this weeks Wonder Woman, Andrea Abraham. I fell in love with her gorgeous feed and quickly became intrigued with her blog, Astoria In Heels.
- How did you choose the name for your blog? When I moved to NY, I moved to Astoria and fell in love with the neighborhood and wanted to share more about it with everyone and I am always in heels! I barely ever where flats, it is to the point where it hurts my feel more to walk in flats than it does to wear heels.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I enjoy being able to share what I am passionate about and being able to be part of a community where I have met so many incredible people who are so supportive and amazing.
- What’s your educational and professional background? I am a Florida Gator with my Masters in International Business and Accounting. I am a CPA and have mostly worked in the alternatives/private equity space.
- What’s your favorite quote? “Be the change you want to see in the world” – Gandhi I have this quote framed and in my closet so I see it every morning.
- We’re all glued to something! What can’t you live without. My Husband 🙂
- Provide a link to your favorite blog post. This post about my jumpsuit is one of my favorites because it was the beginning of summer and I just moved into my new apartment. The weather was great and I felt that this colorful and playful outfit set the mood of the entire summer.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? The best advice I ever received was to accept every invitation, meaning don’t just sit at home but make sure to be proactive and put yourself out there. You can’t expect things to come to you but you have to go out and make things happen.
- How do you unwind? I know its a bad habit but when I get home, I just like to sit on the couch and watch TV all night.
- Describe your best practices for organization and balance. I am a big list person. I have my mini tablet with me all day and I have separate lists for everything, what to do each day, blog posts, outfits, lists for things needed at home, etc.
- List 5 random facts about yourself. 1. I was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, no one ever guesses that! 2. I received my Graduate degree at the age of 21. 3. I have one brother and one sister and everyone in my family was born in a different country. 3. I like to crochet. 4. I am a chocolate lover. 5. I love to travel.
- Do you blog full time? If not, describe your day job. I do not blog full time, during the day I am the Director of Accounting for a real estate brokerage company.
- What are you favorite apps? I have to have the Weather Channel app. When I lived in Miami, I knew it would always be warm but since I left, I am always cautious to be dressed appropriately for the weather. Also, I am a bit addicted to Tetris and play it all the time on the subway!
- Has blogging changed your life? If so, how? Blogging has given me an outlet for my creative side since I spend most of my day working with numbers. I love accounting but I have always been passionate about fashion. It has also allowed me to be more open and allowed me to be more comfortable with myself. Having the support from other bloggers has really allowed me to grow my confidence and know that people are truly on your side.
- Tell us about your favorite vacation or adventure. My favorite vacation would be my honeymoon to Bali. I normally am a huge adventure seeker and I always have extensive itineraries for my vacations but this time, all I did was relax and it was amazing!
- List favorite places to shop online & in store. I enjoy going into Topshop and Zara. I do a lot of online shopping on Gilt.
- What advice would you give some one who is thinking of starting a blog? Blog about what you enjoy and are really passionate about, it will then come naturally and you will enjoy it more.
As always thank you for reading, commenting, and liking!