Happy Friday Friends!
IMAGE BY:SATURN TWINS
With out further ado, I give you our Wonder Woman of the week, Liz! She’s a substitute teacher by day, private guitar instructor by night, online boutique owner and a full-time fashionista based in California. Liz is an artist of many mediums, adrenaline junkie, follower of Christ, and wife to an amazing husband. Yet, somehow she manages to squeeze in time to blog at Lizzie In Lace.
Photo Credit: Miranda Plaugher
- In 10 words or less what can people expect from your blog? Colorful, feminine outfits with pretty details, print-mixing and sparkle.
- What is your greatest personal achievement? Being able to do things for myself. I was homeless at one point, but I didn’t give up. I was hurting and scared, but I was taught to be independent and push forward no matter what. I was able to accomplish things that I thought I would never be able to do because I believed in myself. I am grateful for that time because when I look back, I can see just how far I’ve come.
- List 5 random facts about yourself. I have been skydiving 7 times. Aside from guitar, I also play bass, piano, banjo, violin and ukulele. I am an artist that works in any medium with the exception of clay, but I mostly do portraiture, figure drawing and fashion sketches. I eat way too many sweets. Especially chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes! I’m obsessed with Disneyland.
- What’s the last book you read? Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso. Highly recommended!
Photo Credit: Lizzie In Lace
- Where are you from originally and where do you live now? I am originally from a very small town in central southern California. I live an hour away from where I used to in a MUCH larger city. Very different, yet the same.d
- We’re all glued to something! Name the one item you can’t live without. My guitar. (and my closet)
- Everyone has their bad habits, what’s yours? I can never sit still. I am always moving around and doing things. I need to relax more :-/
- What’s your favorite quote? “I think that playing dress up begins at age five and never truly ends.” -Kate Spade (so true!)
- What’s your educational and professional background? I went to fashion school for a while and finished up at the university with a B.A. in Art and Marketing. I Will probably end up back in school at some point just because I love to learn! Professionally, I have had a lot of different jobs: from bank teller and waitress to retail associate and lizard hunter (yes, you read that right).
- Tell us about your favorite vacation or adventure. I went to six different European countries over a two week period after high school graduation. It was incredible…and exhausting!
- What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Nothing specific comes to mind, but I’m thinking some kind of fun, crazy techno dance party songs
- Who are your biggest supporters? My husband, mom and siblings.
- How do you unwind after a stressful day? Reading or yoga
- Name your favorite place to shop online and in store. Kohl’s for Lauren Conrad’s collection. Anthropologie. Nordstrom Rack. Chicwish. Free People.
As always thank you for reading, commenting, and liking!
P.S. Click here to nominate the wonder woman for this series. I can’t wait to hear from you!