Happy Friday Friends; I’m so excited to present this wonder woman duo today! I think everyone knows by now what this series is all about, but just in case you don’t click here for more info.
IMAGE BY:SATURN TWINS
Without further ado, I give you Kelsey & Erica the bloggers behind Sequins Are A Girls Best Friend! They give us style inspiration for every occasion times two. Kelsey was born in Korea and raised in Michigan. Erica was born and raised in Michigan, and both ladies are lucky enough to continue their friendship as they nurture their careers and personal pursuits in Chicago. Let’s take a sneak peek into the BFF Blogger Life.
- How did you choose Sequins Are A Girls Best Friend as the name for your blog?
Why sequins? First of all we love sequins, but our blog isn’t focused on the embellishment itself. We truly believe accessories make (or break) an outfit so our signature look always incorporates something bright and shiny.
- Describe your best practices for organization and balance.
To-do lists, communication, a shared calendar, and coffee!
- Do you blog full time? If not, describe your day job.
We wish! We actually have full time day jobs—Kelsey is a Sales Manager at the Palmer House Hilton and Erica is the Center Manager at Workspring Chicago. We find it difficult at times to balance our demanding work schedules and our blog; but at the same time, the blog is our creative outlet and helps give balance to our lives.
- Name 5 random facts about yourself.
- born in Korea. raised in Michigan.
- obsessed with pearls.
- savvy shopper but a label junkie.
- believes that honesty is the best policy.
- event sales manager by day, new wifey by night.
- born and raised in Michigan.
- baking goddess, just call her Martha.
- collects all things gold, polka-dotted, and sequined.
- motivated by daily to-do lists and caramel macchiatos.
- catering manager by day, pinterest addict by night.
- Provide a link to your favorite blog post.
Our favorite post to date is our One Year Anniversary because it was only a mere 365 days prior when we stepped out of our comfort zones and into the spotlight as we opened up our hearts and closets to the world in our very first blog post. Together, we took a leap of faith and put ourselves out there for all to see and that is something to celebrate. Click here to view the celebration of our first blogiversary.
- Has your blog changed your life?
At first, we were scared to death and had no idea what we were doing. Our minds flooded with worries, doubt, and uncertainties. Who was actually going to read our blog? What will we write about? What will others think of our clothes or our words?
But, somewhere between the outfit changes, cupcake breaks, and awkward stares from strangers on the street, we found our voice and turned our doubts into dreams. We believed in each other and we believed in our brand. We stayed true to ourselves and never once let the pressure of others influence who we were and what we stood for. We conquered more than we set out to accomplish and we surpassed all of our expectations.
- What makes your blog unique?
The best part about our blog is that there are two of us — two minds, two ideas, two outfits behind every post.
P.S. Click here to be featured or nominate someone else for this series. I can’t wait to hear from you!