Style Mistakes To Avoid On Date Night

I hate to break it to you, but date nights never become stress free. Whether it’s the first or hundredth date you will find yourself a little on edge. But never fear, your personal stylist is here! *feeling a little cheesy this morning*IMG_5470

Tip 1:Dress appropriately for the activity. You might wan’t to reconsider wearing your favorite little black dress if you’re going on an active date. However, if you’re going to a swanky new restaurant or lounge with ample seating now is the time to show off those sexy shoes!

Tip 2: If you’re not comfortable, you run the risk of making your date uncomfortable by all the constant re-adjusting. The last thing you want to be doing is tugging at your spanx or constantly pulling down material that insists on riding up. *learned this lesson the hard way*

Tip 3:I know we all want to smell good but don’t over do it with the body sprays and perfume. If your date is anything like me they might have allergies that are easily triggered by floral scents.

IMG_5466

This look is a combination of Asos, City Chic, Forever 21, Penningtons, and River Island.

IMG_5488

WITH LOVE,

connect footer

Via…

Instagram

Twitter

Facebook

1. Ana says:

I love these tips and I made me flashback to my single days when I broke up with a guy because he refused to make a plan! He kept inviting me out, but when I would ask what we were doing, he would always just say “We’ll hang out, whatever happens, happens.” I never knew if I should look cute in a dress and heels or jeans and flats, or leggings and a tank top. I had to break up with him!

But back to your adorable outfit, I love everything from the windowpane came to the lace skirt and the snake sandals to the chartreuse jacket. You look fabulous!

Hi Ana🤗 sounds like he wasn’t worth your time, glad to hear you didn’t stick around long. Chartreuse is one of my favorite colors; so you get extra cool points for knowing your colors. Thanks for stopping by😉

2. Love your outfit! That shirt looks fun and flattering and like it would work in a lot of other outfits.

Julia

3. Love the combination of colors and prints. Thanks for joining my new weekly linkup, hope to see you next week too!
    CidStyleFile.com

It was my pleasure, thank you for hosting and visiting my blog😙

4. I’m so glad you addressed fragrance. Less is definitely more when it comes to this!

I couldn’t avoid that one, some of my clients regularly give me a head ache with the floral scents

5. Love this! As a serial dater, I have a strange tip to add….Err on the side of modest. I once wore a strapless dress (one of those that was all elastic at the top) and the guy later told me he thought I wore it for (and I quote) EASY ACCESS! Can you even imagine? I dumped his ass real quick but made a mental note, no more stretchy strapless (and no more douchebags)!

Gross😦 that would’ve totally creeped me out! This is definitely a good tip.

6. Love your date night look dear, the yellow topper is a great pop of color! Ah yes I agree with you it’s essential to be comfortable in one’s outfit as that can give a major confidence boost! 🙂 xo~ Lena

Hey Lena, nice to hear from you! It’s so important to boost our confidence at every given opportunity.

7. Looking great! Great tips! 🙂

Thanks Katie!

1. You’re welcome Dasha! 🙂

8. csinalaska says:

Nice outfit! You might want to add tip #4: make sure you can walk in your heels 🙂 I’ve embarrassed myself when I’ve bought adorable shoes and realized I could only stand/walk in them for 10 minutes and then my feet hurt so bad!

Lol, that’s definitely a no no! At least you never have to worry about making that mistake again. Thanks for the tip.

9. Shana says:

I love your style! Definitely great tips to abide by.

So glad you found them useful Shana!

10. Cami says:

That jacket is such a cool color, and I love the modern look of the printed top plus the black and white structured bag. Perfect for date night! 🙂

Cami
    Chasing Vogue

Thanks Cami! The great thing is the bag doubles as a backpack. I’m a city girl so i have to be bus/train ready at all times 😉