Instant Confidence Boost

When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.”

-Joe Namath

taupe close up

Get prepared and stay prepared. It’s hard to be confident in yourself if you think you aren’t doing something well. Beat that feeling by preparing yourself as much as possible. Think about taking an exam: if you haven’t studied, you won’t have much confidence in your abilities to do well on the exam. But if you studied your butt off, you’re prepared, and you’ll be much more confident. Now think of life as your exam, and prepare yourself.

Compliment other people genuinely and often. When we think negatively about ourselves, we often project that feeling on to others in the form insults, gossip and being curt. To break this cycle of negativity, get in the habit of complimenting others. Refuse to engage in negative conversations and gossip. In the process, you’ll become well liked and build confidence. By looking for the best in others, you indirectly bring out the best in yourself.

Act positive in all that you do and say. There is more to it than just thinking positive, you have to put it into action. Action, actually, is the key to developing self-confidence. It’s one thing to learn to think positive, but when you start acting on it, you change yourself, one action at a time. You are what you do, and so if you change what you do, you change what you are. Talk to people in a positive way, put energy into your actions. You and others around you will quickly notice a difference.

Stop procrastinating; this one caught up with me recently. What’s on your to-do list that’s been sitting there? Do it first thing in the morning, and get it out of the way. I guarantee you’ll feel much better about yourself.

Whiter teeth encourage you to smile. I know what you’re thinking, but no this doesn’t mean a trip to the dentist. Head out for some tooth paste with peroxide. I prefer Arm & Hammer Advance White.

Bold lip color can have a dramatically positive effect on your mood. Pull out a bright lipstick you tucked away waiting for a special occasion. For me a NYX matte or pastel color does the trick.

Wear what makes you happy; this one is near and dear to my heart. It could be your favorite pair of shoes, best dress or the necklace that reminds you of a loved one.

Statement Jewelry is a must have. There’s nothing like attention grabbing accessories when you’re fishing for compliments.

Gratitude goes a long way. When you focus too much on what you want, the mind creates reasons why you can’t have it. This leads you to dwell on your weaknesses. The best way to avoid this is consciously focusing on gratitude. Set aside time each day to mentally list everything you have to be grateful for. Recall your past successes, unique skills, loving relationships, and positive momentum. You’ll be amazed how much you have going for you and be motivated to take that next step towards success.

summer in taupe

Top:Ashley Stewart|Capri Pant & Sandals:JCPenny|Purse:Call It Spring

WITH LOVE,

headers_-copyVia…

Instagram

Twitter

Facebook

1. rosie154 says:

What a little drop of amazing wisdom! Thank you x

Aww…thanks,hope this helps in days you need a lil boost!

2. Asa says:

Timely post! I love your tips for Get Prepared and Act Positive. The latter made me think of my office environment and how it can be hard not to gossip. This is something I am trying to refrain from engaging in.

Love your outfit! You look gorgeous and confident. You have a great smile.

You and me both Asa! Negative environments and negative Nancy’s bring out the worse in all of us.

Thanks for the kind words!

3. plus+beauty27 says:

Love this post! Those are some great tips! 🙂 xo

Glad to hear that, thanks for all your continued support!

1. plus+beauty27 says:

Oh of course! It’s always a pleasure to stop by! You’re very welcome! 🙂

4. asallows says:

What an awesome top! I love that pattern.

5. love your tips 🙂 and totally agree with all of them!!

6. Anna says:

so true! Wearing what I love and adding a bold lip color always boots my mood and confidence! Such great suggestions and tips! Happy Monday! XO

Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

Liked by 2 people

Thanks Anna! So glad you came by.

7. chicarosita says:

Love this post! You are always on point with your outfit, but I cannot get enough of your advice on boosting confidence. I am currently finishing up a 30 day self-esteem challenge, and can say it’s really been helpful. I shared this posting as I do with many of your others, but this one has got to be one of my favorites! Go Dāsha! You’ve blown me away Windy City Girl! 😉

Liked by 2 people

Aww😄 this means so much to me! I’m very fond of the body image advocacy work you’re doing,keep at it!

Liked by 2 people