Anniversary Adventures

How To Plan A Date

I have found over the years that the dummy proof way is to continuously keep of list of activities and restaurants you want to explore. Make sure the list includes local as well as out of state destinations.  Then as you can see the light at the end of the busy worker bee tunnel, place a star next to the activities you think you’d enjoy the most during the current season and see how many you can get to.

On May 23, 2015 Michaela & I entered our 5th year of marriage. Lucky for me I have a local blogger friend and she gifted her photography services. The photos were taken by Kristen Sullivan AKA Chic Little Secret.

Click here to view her portfolio and click here to view her amazing blog.

What I Wore

Jacket:Forever 21| Dress: Target-old|Sandals:Amazon

What Michaela Wore

Polo:Forever 21| Chinos:Old Navy| Loafers:Amazon

unnamed (1)

This was our view from the shoreline cruise. Nothing like a boat ride to make you feel alive yet lull you into a relaxed trance at the same time!

unnamed

Our view from the 96th floor! The elevator goes so fast your ears pop, but it was worth the discomfort. The Angus Burger and truffle kettle chips were the cherry on top!

{P.S. This blog wouldn’t be the same without my better half. Most of the photos posted are taken by Michaela.}

With Love,

1. Adorable couple!!! 🙂

2. latasia24 says:

Great post and congratulations! I’m so happy for you guys! My fiancee and I been dating going on seven years and plan to get marry August of this year 🙂

Thank you Latasia! Congrats on your engagement; I hope the wedding is everything you dreamed of.

3. M.G. Guyton says:

It was an amazing day with my best friend and greatest love. So grateful that Kristen captured it. I’m also very grateful Chicago sparkled for us too😏!

Liked by 2 people

4. Michelle says:

I was going to ask who was taking the photos they were awesome!

Thanks, Kristen did a great job!

5. kristen says:

I love this!! Thanks for the shout out, you both were so wonderful to work with ❤

xo,
    Kristen

No problem; you deserve it!

6. Adrain says:

Congratulations! My Hubby and I celebrated 5 years on May 14th. There’s nothing like love!

Liked by 2 people

Cheers! I wish you many more.

7. janandjot says:

Congrats on 5 wonderful years of marriage ❤ I am going into my 2nd year and I love it! What beautiful pictures and it makes me miss home 🙂 Happy you and Michaela had a great day with awesome weather 🙂 xoxoxo Janet

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much Janet. Congrats on the 2nd year of a happy marriage; it’s no small feat! Shoot me an email the next time you are preparing to come home; I’d love to collaborate.

1. janandjot says:

Oh nice! I will be coming home late June, I am trying to come back earlier but we shall see. We are going to Spain for a couple of weeks but when I get back in July lets definitely do something 🙂 I will email you when I get better dates ❤

Sounds like you have a full summer planned. Have a great time! Just let me know the dates when you make the final arrangements and we will go from there. 😄

3. janandjot says: