Street Style

“Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”
– Marilyn Monroe

DSCN0998

Good Morning! I hope everyone is feeling fierce and fabulous today.

This look is a combination of my previous and current wardrobe. These days I have a very pedestrian lifestyle which required me to begrudgingly throw out most of my shoes and start over. Yikes! I’m not going to sugar coat it, the process was emotionally and financially painful but in the end it was worth it. I’m originally from Oklahoma City where there is usually no need for things like a winter coat or snow boots and on the contrary Chicago requires clothes and shoes for each season. Then you have to add in the comfort and durability factor unless you want to end up with blistered toes or twisted ankles. So I went on a journey for affordable, durable shoes that didn’t lack in style and these floral keds were one of the first items I put on my wish list. Do you ever compromise style for comfort? Are there any brands or styles you can recommend?DSCN0994Denim Jacket:Here| Dress:Old|Keds:Here|Hobo Bag:Here|Earrings:Here

DSCN1013

As always thanks for stopping by and happy shopping!

With Love,

1. I love the bag and dress <3. I lived in a rural part of Texas where it flooded a lot during the spring so I quickly purchased rain boots from walmart, not the most stylish but I make it work (:. Some of my favorite brands are forever 21 and Agaci.

I hope you recover quickly from the flooding. I frequent Forever 21 as well and find a lot of good stuff at Agaci for my little cousin; she loves that place.

1. Yeah they have good deals and thankfully I now live in a place where flooding isn’t that common.

This is wonderful news! Weather is one of the deciding factors in moving to Chicago. I had enough storm clean up in one year to last me the rest of my life. I was so done it took me almost 3 years to visit Oklahoma lol

3. Oh most definitely, I’m just thankful I don’t live in Seattle where it rains a lot. The windy city, yeah I live in Texas, so I can definitely relate to the weather thing.

2. I so love this look! It’s something that I would really love to wear myself! <3 xo

Go for it Katie! I’m sure you would look lovely in this outfit 😊

1. Awe thank you hun! I have a jean jacket but it’s too hot for that now here in Vegas lol. You’re outfit posts are so inspiring though! 😀

Aww…that’s exactly what I’m going for so I’m glad to hear that. I just want everyone to look and feel their best 😄

3. I love the shoes you’re wearing! The outfit you’ve assembled is fab! 🙂
    Hajara | Chocolatefrosst Xx

Awww…😊 thanks Hajara!

1. You’re welcome Hun! 😄

4. Awesome look~!!! And don’t even get me started on Keds because I love the SOOoo much :)~!

A compliment from you means a lot; thanks Melissa!

5. Asa says:

You look cute! I like how you paired your keds with a dress. The color of the bag pulls everything together.

I only wear comfort shoes. So unfortunately, I have to sacrifice style for comfort. My two go-to brands are Dansko and Jambu.

Thanks for the tip Asa! It may be a sacrifice but at least we will still have pretty feet and good balance as we age lol

1. Asa says:

Agreed! 😄

6. Loveeee the denim jacket! <3

I was so torn about picking a jacket,there were so many options but I was happy to find an affordable one at XXI Forever

1. I love it! I’ve never come across that shop before – hope they have it in the UK! 🙂 <3

It’s just a store that houses all of the different clothing lines made by forever 21. So there’s something for everyone including mens wear and plus sizes.

3. Ahh cool! We have forever 21 in the UK 🙂 <3

Good deal Sophie, Happy Shopping!